19 September 2015

Just A Bit Wrong by Alessandra Hazard

Hey everyone,


If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, or follow me on Goodreads, you’ll know I’m a huge Alessandra Hazard fan. I’ve been avidly reading her Straight Guys series since it began, so it isn't any surprise that I devoured Just a Bit Wrong on the day it was released.

The book:
Zach Hardaway is one of the best physiotherapists in Europe.


Tristan DuVal is a young soccer star with a groin injury. 

They despise each other from the moment they meet. 

As far as Zach is concerned, Tristan is a rich, spoiled brat who is too used to getting his own way.

As far as Tristan is concerned, Zach is a bossy, presumptuous prick. 

Tristan hates Zach. He does. The problem is, he also wants to shove Zach against the nearest wall and climb him like a tree.


My thoughts:


I really disliked Tristan in Gabriel and Jared book Just a Bit Unhealthy so when I heard the next book was going to be about him I was intrigued but hesitant. I mean the guy had been a manipulative arse to his brother throughout the previous book so I questioned whether he had any redeeming qualities. Luckily Alessandra Hazard did it again and made me fall in love with a flawed, selfish, manipulative character.


“He said softly, if you dont fire him, somone might accidentally find out that youre fucking my brother. That would be such a shame. His career would be ruined.”


This in part is because the reader is shown why Tristan is so manipulative, almost demanding the love and adoration of everyone around him. Yet as typical of this series Zach is perhaps the only person who can see past Tristan’s manipulation and still find him attractive and worthy of love.

“Tristan raised his brows. ‘And what are you gonna do if I refuse to do as you say? Spank me?
A strange expression crossed Zach’s face. ‘You think I wouldn’t? 

Now if you’re coming into this author blind their are few things you should know about this series. The characters are not always good people, they don’t always make the right decisions and the love between the two heroes nearly always borders on unhealthy.

I dont want this.’ Push him away. Kick him out. But he couldn’t. He couldn’t move. ‘I don’t’, he whispered again, his hand reaching up to bury in Zach’s thick brown-gold hair.

Tristan and Zach are no different. Firstly Zach is engaged, to a women, for the majority of the book with a wedding fast approaching. Secondly I felt the D/s elements present in the others book where more pronounced in Just A Bit Wrong. I know some people have asked is this book contains BDSM and in my opinion it doesn’t, but there are two scenes of semi-sexual spanking between the two heroes.

“They didnt make it to the bedroom. They did it right there, on the carpet in Zachs living room, surrounded by the pictures of his family and his gorgeous finance.”

Since discovering Alessandra Hazard a few years ago she has become an auto-buy author for me. I know that the relationships portrayed are unhealthy and that most of the books contain infidelity or inappropriate relationships. Yet I can’t read them fast enough (I may have re-read the whole series after finishing Just A Bit Wrong) for these books are pure crack. They’re intense, over-the-top and completely unrealistic but I love them.

My rating:
Happy reading everyone and see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment